Discounted Fares: It's Just That Simple
Riding the bus just got easier. Sun Metro continues to look over every aspect of operations to improve the quality of service while increasing operational efficiency. Students and children can now have access to bus service at a discounted rate, without the need of a Sun Metro identification card.
FARE DISCOUNT- HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Children ages 6 to 18 do not need an I.D. (50 cents: Child Fare)
- Students over 18 years must show a valid school I.D. *NO EXCEPTIONS* (50 cents: Student Fare)
- Seniors and Disabled passengers will continue to use a Sun Metro identification card until further notice. (30 cents: Senior and Disabled Fare)
Students and children can continue to receive fare discounts without the need of an identification card. Sun Metro continues to move forward by providing a transit service that is more efficient, cost effective and most importantly, focused on providing an excellent customer service experience.
- $5 Estimated cost to issue one Sun Metro I.D.
- Over 7 thousand I.D.'s were issued in 2006 (cost = $35,000)
- Over 16 hundred student I.D.'s were issued in 2006 (savings = over $8,000)
- $3 charge for passenger to replace lost I.D.
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and email address.