Sun Metro: Going Back to Basics
Service Improvements since October: Sun Metro is taking actions to improve every aspect of daily operations.
- October 29th, 2006
- Director: Tim Omick
- Assistant Director of Operations: Rozanna Mendoza
- Assistant Director of Maintenance: Kevin Bunce
- Assistant Director of Finance & Administration: Sandra Rumping
- Assistant Director for Paratransit Services: Norman Schenck
- Creation of new Mission Statement: "Provide safe, reliable, clean bus driven by a professional coach operator that practices great customer service".
- Project Effectiveness: Sun Metro is reviewing each and every Capital Improvement Project (CIP) for efficiency and to ensure core elements are in place.
- Improve Customer Service: Sun Metro's focus is on bus reliability- getting buses to always run on schedule all day. Transit Route Supervisors (TRS's) oversee drivers and ensure buses are running according to schedule. To ensure excellent customer service is provided, Sun Metro is expanding TRS's customer service duties while at the various service locations.
- 35 forty-foot low floor buses are on schedule for delivery in March: will bring fleet to 85 new or recently upgraded buses (Larger air conditioning compressor to accommodate for El Paso's hot climate, two toned flooring to assist visually impaired, interior camera system, boarding ramp and kneeling system compliant with ADA): Twenty-five 1991 Millennium buses were retrofitted (replacement of engines, transmissions, air conditioners, interiors and lifts)
- 102 bus shelters were repainted according to their public schedule. Sun Metro is also working towards: redesigning bus stops to incorporate a sign which includes all of the stops serving that route, purchasing an additional 30 shelters, and to better serve the visually impaired, Sun Metro is redesigning bus stop poles to incorporate a design that is used only by Sun Metro.
- Retraining: Customer Service Agents, Dispatchers, and Coach Operators are being retrained to better serve passengers and the community, and to address service concerns.
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to email@example.com, with your name and email address.