Baltimore Street/Glory Road Project Now Underway
A project providing several stormwater management and drainage enhancements in the Baltimore Street, Glory Road and Oregon Street area is now under construction closing portions of Oregon over the next several months.
The project forms part of the critical capital repair and reconstruction priorities that have resulted as of Storm 2006. Currently the closure on Oregon from Robinson to Kerby is necessary to expedite the first phase in the project providing street, utility and drainage improvements on Baltimore Street, Glory Road and Oregon Street. The public is advised of the site as construction will proceed in ongoing phases along Oregon Street over the next 6 months.
The project scope will provide enhanced stormwater management features that will consist of the following:
- Traffic will be diverted on Mesa
- Pedestrian access will be available
- Expected completion is in August
- Total cost is approximately $1.5 million
- Installation of an underground system consisting of approximately 1, 500 linear feet of a 6ft wide by 4ft high box culvert providing expanded water capacity
- Storm system shall connect to the existing network in Glory Road
- New curb and gutter, sidewalks, wheelchair ramps, pavement structure and landscaping
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and email address.