Construction Update: Westside Flood Damage Improvements, Phase I
Lane closures are required on Shadow Mountain from Mesa to Thunderbird for the next 6 weeks effective the week of January 14, 2008 to provide for the reconstruction of Shadow Mountain and the continued installation of enhanced stormwater management features in the area.
The first phase of the Westside Flood Damage Improvements Project initiated on June 25, 2007 and will provide for street and drainage improvements in the North Mesa Street, Coronado Channel, Shadow Mountain Drive and Silver Springs Drive area. The scope of work includes the following infrastructure improvements:
Additional project highlights include:
- Installation of new box culvert structures in the North Mesa Street, Caprock Court and Shadow Mountain Drive roadway crossings
- Construction of the new reinforced concrete lined channel along the Coronado Channel from North Mesa to Shadow Mountain Drive
- Extension of new reclaimed water pipelines along Shadow Mountain Drive, Silver Springs Drive and Caprock Court
- Reconstruction and extension of existing concrete curbed medians along Shadow Mountain Drive from North Mesa Street to Thunderbird Drive including landscaping and irrigation system
- Removal of all debris in project area
- Overall expected project duration of 9 months
- Total approximate construction cost of $6.5 million
- Phase II of the Westside Flood Damage Improvement Project also underway, targets the reconstruction of the channel and roadway along Silver Springs Drive
- This project forms part of the Storm 2006 Capital Project
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to email@example.com, with your name and email address.