Parks and Recreation Centers around the city offer activities for all ages. Join in on the fun!
- Nolan Richardson Center currently has Folklorico classes for ages 4-18 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30 -6:30pm at the center. Each class is $20 per month. Karate classes are also offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for $20 a month. Info: 755-7566
- The Seville Community Center located at 6700 Sambrano is now gearing up for their after school program which is for ages 6 through 17. The program is set up to give youth a chance to take part in different types of sports ranging from flag football and soccer to volleyball and basketball. The center has a game room, two pool tables, a ping pong table, two foosball tables and two play station consoles available for use. The kids at the center also go on field trips at least once a month to different areas of the city. Info: 778-6722
- Pavo Real Recreation Center at 9301 Alameda is now gearing up for the New Year with various youth and adult themed sports activities. A boys and girls soccer league for ages 14-17 is starting up, along with a youth co-ed soccer program for ages 10-13 that will play from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays. For more info and for league fees, call Greg Walter at 858-1929.
- Veterans Recreation Center at 5301 Salem Street is registering for their Gus and Goldie Mini-Sports Leagues at the center through the end of January. These co-ed leagues are for basketball and soccer, and the age divisions are 4-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, and 12-13. Information 821-8909.
- Nations Tobin Recreation Center at 8831 Railroad Drive in Northeast El Paso is now offering a flag football league for adults on Saturdays and Sundays. The entry fee is $120 per team and $20 per game for referees. Registration deadline is February 9. Information: 757-2423.
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to email@example.com, with your name and email address.