City of El Paso Launches Community Newsletter to Keep You Informed
In an effort to continue improvements to customer service and better inform the citizens of El Paso, the City will be sending out its monthly community newsletter, entitled The City Beat. Current events, department information and other articles that contain information that directly affects or is of interest to the community will be featured. We want to keep you updated on all that is going on throughout your City and keep you apprised of those events that have a direct effect on you, the resident.
The City is in the midst of launching a Customer Service Campaign targeted at providing every citizen of El Paso with quality service and information on current events and initiatives taking place within the City to better inform and serve the people.
So be on the look out for new and upcoming issues to be sent to you.
- Info on new Ordinances
- Upcoming City Meetings
- City Initiatives
- Service Upgrades
- Special Events
Upcoming City Meetings & Events:
- For a listing of City Meetings, City Council Meetings or community
- To find out what City events are happening in a neighborhood near you, visit the City Events Calendar.
- Changes in Title 7 and What This Means for Citizens
Unclear about the Ordinance that represents the City of El Paso's rabies prevention and control, (a.k.a. Title 7) efforts? Let me see if I can be of assistance. Quick facts for 2005:
Public Safety & Health:
- New Alarm Ordinance: What You Should Know
Security systems add peace of mind for us as homeowners, renters and business owners; especially when it comes to protecting yourself, your families and your property and possessions. With this in mind, however, there are recent changes in the law that could affect your expectation of your security systems and your security alarm company.
Development & Infrastructure:
- Curbside Recycling News
Environment Services is currently reviewing bids to provide curbside recycle collection and the processing of collected recyclable materials.
- Servicing the Environment: Environmental Services
Solid Waste Management has taken the next step in the evolution of trash collection. The department of Solid Waste Management is now known as "Environmental Services." But why?
- City Accepting Pre-Qualification Applications for Engineering and Architect Firms
The City is currently accepting pre-qualification applications from Engineering and Architect firms in keeping with recent procedure changes regarding the A & E selection process.
- New Initiatives for Sun Metro
The closing of one year and the awakening of another bring new light to Sun Metro. During 2006, the El Paso community will see many projects come to fruition that have been under development.
- Airport Offers Real Time Flight Information
Flight View Monitor (FVM) is an innovative service that allows people awaiting a flight the ability to view the aircraft's position in real time.
- Flight Schedules for El Paso / Ciudad Juárez Available On-line
The El Paso International Airport is now posting Flight Schedules on its website that link to the reservation system for each airline servicing the Airport.
Quality of Life:
- New Lower Valley Branch Library Is Now Open
After forty-six years, residents of the Lower Valley now have a new library to call their own.
- Upcoming Exhibits at the El Paso Museum of Art
See what is coming up this year at the El Paso Museum of Art.
- Donate Your Used Cell Phone and Help Raise Funds to Save Endangered Elephants in Sumatra
The El Paso Zoo is asking cell phone users to answer the call and turn in their used cell phones to help raise funds for Zoo efforts to help save endangered Asian elephants.
Financial & Administrative Services:
- City Council Receives 2006 Annual Audit Plan
As a result of the Expanded Audit conducted by KPMG on the "Establishment of Internal Audit Function", City Council received the plan to address the six recommendations and took action on the City's 2006 Audit Plan.
- Taxpayers Beware! Avoid Unnecessary Fees!
The City Tax Office has received several inquiries from taxpayers who receive documents from companies indicating they may have an "unclaimed refund." Learn more on what this is all about.
- Property Tax Reminder
The City would like to remind the community of property tax payment deadlines and offer convenient ways to pay your bill.
- Do Business With the City From Your Home!
The City of El Paso has numerous features aimed at making citizens' requests and transactions easier.
- Tips to Keep you Safe: Emergency Preparedness
The City's Emergency Management Office has life saving tips to help you and your family prepare for a natural or man-made disaster.
- Dedication Ceremony to be Held for Resler Canyon
Join the Coronado Neighborhood Association, along with philanthropist Professor Richard Teschner, Frontera Land Alliance and City Officials for the dedication of the Resler Canyon and new Wakeem/Teschner Nature Preserve.
Coming up in the next community newsletter
- Title 7 Updates
- Mayor and City Council Public Policy Goals
- Capital Improvement Program Update and Overview
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Their Visit to El Paso and what the City is Doing in Regard to Smart Growth and New Urbanism
- Factsheets On-line: Helping You Stay on Top of Issues