El Paso is a reflective and future-focused community.
As a key element of the City’s Strategic Planning Process, the Mayor, City Council and Senior Leaders convened a session on May 16, 2019. City leaders reviewed work accomplished and traction made in the eight adopted strategic goals activated in 2015 and the 20 in 2020 visionary initiatives geared toward vision attainment.
During this Strategic Planning Session, Mayor and Council adopted a refreshed Mission and Vision and approved the new 25 by 25 visionary initiatives setting the tone and direction of the City’s service delivery.
Deliver exceptional services to support a high quality of life and place for our community.
Develop a vibrant regional economy, safe and beautiful neighborhoods and exceptional recreational, cultural and educational opportunities powered by a high performing government.
Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Accountability, People
- Goal 1 - Create an Environment Conducive to Strong Sustainable Economic Development
- Goal 2 - Set the Standard for a Safe and Secure City
- Goal 3 - Promote the Visual Image of El Paso
- Goal 4 - Enhance El Paso’s Quality of Life through Recreational, Cultural and Educational Environments
- Goal 5 - Promote Transparent and Consistent Communication Amongst All Members of the Community
- Goal 6 - Set the Standard for Sound Governance and Fiscal Management
- Goal 7 - Enhance and Sustain El Paso’s Infrastructure Network
- Goal 8 - Nurture and Promote a Healthy, Sustainable Community