Fair Housing Task Force
The Ordinance that established the Fair Housing Task Force was approved April, 1998. The Ordinance provides for nine voting members and nine ex-officio members. Each City Council Representative is asked to appoint one voting member and the Chairperson is appointed by the Mayor. The ex-officio members are appointed by Directors of their various organizations within the community.
The purpose of the Fair Housing Task Force is:
- to review the current Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice in the City of El Paso;
- to identify any additional impediments;
- to develop a city-wide strategy to address the impediments; and,
- to report to City of El Paso Council on the Task Force’s recommendations and findings.
If You Think Your Rights Have Been Violated
The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing because of: Race or Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Disability, or Familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians: pregnant women and people securing custody of children under 18).
HUD is ready to help with any problem of housing discrimination. If you think your rights have been violated, you may write a letter or telephone one of the offices listed below. You have one year after an alleged violation to file a compliant with HUD, but you should file it as soon as possible.
What to tell HUD:
- Your name and address;
- The name and address of the person your complaint is against (the respondent);
- The address or other identification of the housing involved;
- A short description of the alleged violation (event that caused you to believe your rights were violated);
- and The date(s) of the alleged violation.
For more information, please contact:
Fair Housing and Relocation Officer
or the following HUD office:
For Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, and Oklahoma
Fair Housing Enforcement Center – Southwest Office
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
801 North Cherry, 27th Fl.
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
(Toll Free) @ 1-888-560-8913 or TTY 1-(817) 978-5595
ANALYSIS OF IMPEDIMENTS
- Analysis of Impediments - 2016 (Update)
- List of Distribution Sites for the Analysis of Impediments 2016 (Update)
TYPE A ACCESSIBLE UNITS ANALYSIS
- Demand for Accessible Type A Apartment Units - IPED Final Report to City Council
- Project Overview and Components Response