Community Development Block Grant
2018-2019 Community Development Block Grant
Emergency Solutions Grant
Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Grant Programs
The City of El Paso is soliciting funding proposals for the 2018-2019:
- Community Development Block Grant,
- Emergency Solutions Grant and
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Grant programs.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds may be utilized for various activities including, but not limited to, public facilities, public services, housing, and economic development. Proposed projects must benefit low- and moderate-income persons or neighborhoods.
The following amounts are projected to be made available:
- $1,390,218 for District #2 Target Area projects;
- $1,390,218 for District #4 Target Area projects;
- $939,331 for Public Service activities;
- $80,000 competitive public service set-aside for up to two Incubator New project(s);
- $40,000 competitive public service set-aside for one First Time Homebuyer Counseling project;
- $90,000 competitive set-aside for one Microenterprise Technical Assistance project;
- $25,000 competitive set-aside for one Fair Housing Education and Outreach project.
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds may be utilized by public agencies and private, non-profit corporations for the provision of street outreach, emergency shelter, homelessness prevention and rapid re-housing, Homeless Management Information Systems and administrative costs to assist individuals and families in regaining stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis or homelessness. Approximately $565,798 may be available for ESG activities.
Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) funds may be utilized by private, non-profit corporations for tenant-based rental assistance, supportive services and administrative costs connected with the provision of housing and homeless prevention activities for persons living with AIDS. Approximately $435,033 may be available for HOPWA activities.
Department of Community and Human Development
City 3, 801 Texas Avenue, 3rd Floor, El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone: (915) 212-1660 or (915) 212-1652
Click on the links below to view and print 2018-2019 applications
|1. Citizen Request Form - English||October 19, 2017|
|2. Citizen Request Form - Spanish||October 19, 2017|
|3. City Department Application||December 7, 2017|
|4. Fair Housing Application||December 7, 2017|
|5. Government Entity Application||December 7, 2017|
|6. Microenterprise Application||December 7, 2017|
|7. Volunteer Rehab Application||December 7, 2017|
|8. Letter of Intent - Public Services||September 7, 2017|
|9. Letter of Intent - ESG Program||September 7, 2017|
|10. Letter of Intent - First Time Homebuyers Counseling Program||September 7, 2017|
|11. Letter of Intent - HOPWA Program||September 7, 2017|
Community and Human Development
801 Texas Ave., 3rd Floor
El Paso, Texas 79901
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Housing Services Division
Foster Grandparent Program
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program