Community Development Block Grant
Community + Human Development is now accepting citizen request forms!
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH – FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25TH
$1 million has been set-aside for District #6 and District #7 projects; each target district is expected to receive $500,000
Types of Eligible Projects:
- Neighborhood, Recreation and Senior Centers
- Parks Improvements
- Walkability + Accessibility
- Small-scale Green Infrastructure
Please complete the following form by Friday, October 25th and send it to CDBGFacilities@elpasotexas.gov for your idea to be considered for funding:
- Citizen request form - English Online Version
- Citizen request form - Spanish Online Version
- Citizen request form - English
- Citizen request form - Spanish
- Public Facilities Petition Template
For more details, please contact us at (915) 212-0138 or CDBGFacilities@elpasotexas.gov
Community + Human Development is currently accepting
funding proposals for PY 2020-2021
Funding is available by the following three entitlement grants:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds may be utilized for various activities including public facilities improvements, public services, housing, and economic development programs.
The following amounts are projected for PY 2020-2021:
- $500,000 for District #6 Public Facilities projects
- $500,000 for District #7 Public Facilities projects
- $120,000 for a Volunteer Housing Rehabilitation program
- $379,235 for Public Services programs under the Children and Youth, and Seniors and Persons with Disabilities categories
- $245,000 for five Public Services competitive set-asides, including:
- $95,000 competitive public service set-aside for two Youth Programs
- $80,000 competitive public service set-aside for up to two Incubator New project(s);
- $40,000 competitive public service set-aside for one First Time Homebuyer Counseling project;
- $30,000 competitive public service set-aside for one Seniors + Disabled Physical Recreation Program
- $90,000 for an Economic Development competitive set-aside
- $25,000 for a Fair Housing Education and Outreach competitive set-aside
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds may be utilized by public agencies and private, non-profit corporations for the provision of street outreach, emergency shelter, homelessness prevention and rapid re-housing, Homeless Management Information Systems and administrative costs to assist individuals and families in regaining stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis or homelessness. Approximately $530,773 may be available for ESG activities.
Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) funds may be utilized by private, non-profit corporations for tenant-based rental assistance, supportive services and administrative costs connected with the provision of housing and homeless prevention activities for persons living with AIDS. Approximately $556,720 may be available for HOPWA activities.
Community + Human Development Address:
City 3 Bldg., 3rd Floor
801 Texas Avenue
El Paso, TX 79901
Additional contact information can be found on each form/application.
Please review the 46th Policies + Procedures document for further details on each program and eligibility requirements.
Review of this document should be done prior to applying.
|APPLICATION (PDF fillable version)||DEADLINE|
|Tentative Schedule for Upcoming Program Year||N/A|
|Public Facilities Petition Template||N/A|
|Assurance A-D||Must be attached to application|
|Letter of Intent for CDBG Services, ESG and HOPWA||Friday, October 4, 2019|
|Citizen Request Form - English||Friday, October 25, 2019|
|Citizen Request Form - Spanish||Friday, October 25, 2019|
|Public Facilities Application||Friday, November 22, 2019
Friday, January 10, 2020
|Fair Housing Application||Friday, December 2, 2019|
|Volunteer Housing Rehabilitation Application||Friday, December 2, 2019|
|Note: Other applications will be provided at the scheduled training workshop. For more information, refer to the 46th Year Policies and Procedures.|
Community Development Block Grant
Community and Human Development
801 Texas Ave., 3rd Floor
El Paso, Texas 79901
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Housing Services Division
Foster Grandparent Program
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program