Community and Human Development
Neighborhood Leadership Academy
PurposeTo provide residents with a working knowledge of City government and the essential skill sets necessary to become effective neighborhood advocates and community leaders.
- Develop non-traditional community leaders
- Provide a comprehensive curriculum on City services
- Promote civic engagement and residents’ roles in decision making processes
- Increase residents' pride in their community and understanding of how their City government works for them.
- 18-20 week evening course
- Enroll 40-55 participants per class
- More than four absences drops participant from program
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program
- Participants may be recommended for City boards and commissions
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a resident living within the El Paso City limits
- Must complete and submit the Neighborhood Leadership Academy application form for enrollment
- The class will begin in February 2019
- NLA Application (Due February 4, 2019)
(Para ver una versión en español de la NLA aplicación, abra el formulario y haga clic en el botón Traductor de Google en la parte superior de la página, luego seleccione Español.)
Please call 915-212-1680 if you are interested in attending the next NLA session.
Advanced LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
- To provided additional educational training workshops to graduates of the NLA program and neighborhood association members to enhance their leadership skills. (Workshop topics and dates are announced throughout the year.)
2014 Neighborhood Leadership Academy Graduates