Fostering Saves Lives!
The ultimate goal of the Foster Program is to find members of the community willing to provide a loving, temporary home for underage, injured, or animals that need a little extra time and attention. Many different fostering opportunities are available, ranging in the type of care and length of stay.
The Department of Animal Services Foster Program strives to reduce the number of animals in the shelter in order to help the department reach our goal of a 90% live release rate by 2020. The program supports this goal through;
- Finding foster homes for any animal under the age of 8 weeks
- Finding foster homes for sick or injured animals
- Provide healthier animals for our adoptions, transfer and rescue groups
- Help to save lives and reduce euthanasia
Why should you foster?
- Each animal fostered out to a home opens up a kennel space for us to save another animal.
- Fostering can provide the unique, individualized attention that some special needs animals require before they’re ready for adoption.
- Fostering has a direct, positive impact on the animal and is a very rewarding experience for those who choose to become caregivers.
The Department of Animal Services provides caregivers with everything you need.
- Each foster receives one-on-one training from our experienced staff.
- A staff member is on call to provide our fosters with 24-hour support.
- Food, formula, blankets, towels, crates, and medical care for each foster animal.
The foster family provides their time, home and love.
- All fosters will need to provide proof that all pets in the house are up to date on vaccinations to include Bordetella.
- Valid identification (i.e. Military ID, Driver’s License, etc.).
- Completed foster application.
Please fill out the Foster application and email it to email@example.com. For additional questions please call 915-212-8728.
Please consider supporting our lifesaving Foster Program by donating much-needed supplies for our fosters. You can bring in-kind donations to the El Paso Animal Services Center, or by conveniently donating from the comfort of your home from our Amazon Wishlist.
Did you know:
High School students can receive community service hours for fostering animals from Animal Services. Contact our foster coordinator for more information on how you can receive community service hours by fostering.